Senator Scott Ryan has previously been a member of several committees:
- Joint Standing Committee on Electoral Matters: responsible for conducting inquiries into matters relating to the conduct of elections.
- Senate Standing Committee on Regulations and Ordinances: responsible for scrutinising all disallowable instruments of delegated legislation to ensure their compliance with principles of personal rights and parliamentary propriety.
- Senate Select Committee on the Reform of the Australian Federation
- Presiding Officers’ Information Technology Advisory Group
- Senate Standing Committee on Finance and Public Administration: responsible for overseeing the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Department of Finance and Deregulation, the Department of the Senate and the Department of Parliamentary Services. Senator Ryan served as Chairman of the Finances and Public Administration References Committee and Deputy Chairman of the Finance and Public Administration Legislation Committee from February 2010 until September 2013.