Many Australians have risked their lives for their country, given up countless hours to help those in need or achieved extraordinary things. A variety of honours, awards and medals recognise the contribution of these people.
Using the links below you can find out more information on Australian honours, awards and medals.
If you require any more information about civilian or defence honours, awards and medals, please contact Senator Ryan office. Contact details are available here
Australians who are celebrating a milestone birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or The Queen.
Who is eligible for a congratulatory message?
- The Prime Minister can send a message of congratulations to people turning 90 years of age, or more.
- The Queen and Governor-General can send a message to people turning 100 years of age.
- On request, the Prime Minister and the Governor-General can write again every year and the Queen will write again every five years following a 100th birthday.
- The Prime Minister and Governor-General can send messages to couples celebrating 50 years of marriage and subsequent wedding anniversaries.
- The Queen can send messages to couples celebrating 60 years of marriage and can write every five years after that, on request.
How to arrange a Congratulatory Message:
You can arrange a congratulatory message through the office of Senator Scott Ryan by:
- Calling the office on (03) 9326 1088; or
- Visiting the electorate office at 12 Pascoe Vale Road, Moonee Ponds; or
- Completing the submission form below.
If you are applying for a message on behalf of a relative or friend, their local federal member will be notified so they can send a congratulatory message too.
You will need to provide supporting documentation such as birth certificates or marriage certificates. If these are not available you can provide a statutory declaration. Statutory declaration forms are available at any post office.
You can provide this supporting documentation by:
- Faxing a copy to the electorate office on (03) 9370 9120; or
- Posting a copy to PO Box 556, Moonee Ponds VIC 3039; or
- Hand delivering a copy to the electorate office at 12 Pascoe Vale Road, Moonee Ponds.
Where appropriate, your request to the Prime Minister will be passed on to the Governor-General and the Queen so you only have to make one application.
When should I arrange the message?
You can lodge a request for congratulatory messages up to two months before the celebration.
You can also request a belated message up to one month after the birthday or wedding anniversary has passed.
Where will the message be delivered?
Congratulatory messages can be posted directly to the recipient’s home address or alternatively to a care-of address (such as a friend or relative) for surprises.
Senator Ryan is able to present an Australian flag to the following organisations located in the State of Victoria:
- Local Councils
- Non-profit Community Organisations
- Benevolent Community Organisations
- Associations or Groups that have occasion to display the Australian Flag:
- from a Flagpole
- on Special Occasions
- in halls
- in meeting rooms
- Australian Exchange Students
- Humanitarian Aid Workers undertaking official visits or duties overseas
If you would like to receive a flag, please contact the electorate office on (03) 9326 1088 or through my contact page
Political and Other Links
Leading think tanks
Youth and education
Family and social support
Foreign Affairs and Immigration